We are currently working up plans to build a completely "green" Data Centre in Peterborough. The Centre will be located next door to an existing wind turbine which currently generates 1.8MW of power. Data Centres by their nature require large power consumption as well as the need for back up power in the event of any power failure. With the industries we are in and the contacts we have in this sector we feel that an openly green Centre will meet many companies requirements.
The design will include:
- Simple framed structure of either glulam or recycled steel frame.
- Street presence created by wrapping existing LV/HV structure at front with a fence.
- Simple elevational treatment to the building utilising timber cladding.
- Light and cooling to personnel areas by use of Monodraught Windcatchers.
- Green roof of sedum to provide benefits in reduction of heat island effect.
- Rainwater harvesting by Kingspanwater Envireau or similar.
- Entrance to North side with client garden, watered from rainwater recycling unit.
- Cooling using fans powered by renewable energy.